The CDCs are key players in social and community development in their area. They offer direct services to community organizations in their territory and are levers for developing structuring projects with a social vocation in partnership with their member organizations, citizens, social economy enterprises, economic development organizations, municipalities as well as all the players in the community.
- They offer advice and support services to community organizations in their territory.
- They represent their members to authorities and partners.
- They are a place to share the concerns of their members and have the capacity to bring communities together around social causes and issues.
- They gather information from the community and social development sectors and make it available to their members.
- They provide their members with information and promotional tools, training, technical support, community support and conduct research and studies related to the issues experienced by the community.